Now that he has set the world on fire with his stellar performance in the 2008 Beijing Olympics whats left for young Michael Phelps?
Here are the Top 10 Must Know Michael Phelps Facts
1. Born on June 30, 1985 makes this fellow just 23 years old. That makes him a Cancer and in Chinese Astrology his sign is a – Wood Ox. According to Chinese astrology he has these habits … Dependable, calm, methodical, patient, hardworking, ambitious, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.
2. He shares a common birthday with famous people like, Reggie Bush, Colbie Caillat, Ciara, Tara Conner, Frankie Muniz, and T-Pain to just mention a few.
3. Attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, studying sports marketing and management
4. Won 38 National Titles in 2007.
5. Has set 35 World records. Five of which were set recently at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. (so far as of August 14, 2008)
6. His strongest event and swimming stroke is the breast stroke.
7. He always wears 2 swimming caps to smooth out the wrinkles from the first one.
8. He listens mostly to hip hop on his ipod before events
9. He loves to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf on his Nintendo Wii.
But the most fascinating and remarkable Michael Phelps facts are:
10. He is being celebrated as the Greatest Olympian ever. As he stated after the Medal ceremony "I'm almost at a loss for words. To be the most decorated Olympian of all time, it just sounds weird. I am speechless."
Certainly the world will not quickly forget Phelps stellar performance at this 2008 Beijing Olympics and the fact that he has so far surpassed such former Olympic stars like Mark Spitz and Carl Lewis.
After a six-gold performance at the 2004 Athens Games, Phelps needed only five days in Beijing to surpass Spitz, Lewis, Soviet gymnast Larysa Latynina and Finnish runner Paavo Nurmi as the winningest Olympian ever. There are so many fascinating things about him but these are the Michael Phelps facts I found most interesting.